Monday, April 14, 2008

The Most Naughty Thing

Yesterday will be a day to go down in history. My boys did the MOST NAUGHTY thing they have ever done in their short life. My kids are generally well behaved and they do not get into trouble very often. Every now and then they do something naughty, like boys do, but yesterday takes the cake!

It was about 1:00 and I was laying in bed with pain from my sciatica nerve. Jason was sitting in the home-theater upstairs working on photos on his computer. The boys were playing in their bedroom and playing dress up. They ran down the hallway to show Jason and I each costume they had on. They played with cars, driving them up and down the hallway, and they wrestled on their beds in the room. Normal boys stuff.

Then I heard a knock at the door. I ignored it. I was not excepting anyone and I did not feel like getting the door. The knock turned into 2, then 3 then 4. The person at the door became pretty insistent and knocked like crazy and rang the door bell over and over.

FINE! I decided to get it. My next door neighbor was at my door. He came to inform me that my kids were throwing clothes out of a window and that he saw there arms and heads poking out.

WHAT? I was so shocked I did not know what to say. I told him thank you and shut the door. All three boys were next to me at the door and after I shut the door the boys had looks of shame on their face. Then they ran away saying, "I am sorry, I am sorry."

I had no idea how bad it was.

I have special locks on all their windows in their bedroom and playroom. They can not open those windows. 1 other room upstairs is my office and there is a special lock on the door and they can not get into it.

What room was left? The upstairs laundry room. Hmmm...could it be possible? I have a child-proof door knob. How did they get past that?

I walked upstairs and found the laundry room door completely open. (Looks like they figured out the child proof door knob)

I looked into my laundry room and my face turned hot. I think steam came out of my ears. The laundry room window (which is a small double hung window pretty high up) was open and my laundry room was EMPTY.

The boys tossed EVERY THING out into the side yard. I looked out the window and found ALL my dirty laundry, 3 emptied black trash bags of donate clothes, 2 emptied boxes and 3 emptied trash bags of old clothes of the boys (some to donate and some to pack away), some toys, pillows, and some stuffed animals tossed and scattered in the side of the backyard and in my NEIGHBORS yard! This side of my house has a walkway into the backyard and the neighbors fence was close enough for my dirty laundry to land in their back yard.

I was so embarrassed to have to go to my neighbor and ask for my dirty laundry back.

I made the boys clean it all up and carry everything back to the laundry room all by themselves. Then, I sat each boy in a corner in the home theater and they sat there until they went to bed (early!). I fed them snack and dinner in the corner. they did not talk, or play with toys. They were grounded to the corner for hours!!

Tomorrow they will go into the laundry room with me and help me re-sort ALL the laundry, donate clothes, and old clothes. It will be a big job and they will work their little tooshies off putting it all back together.

I still do not know whether to laugh or cry about it.

10 comments:

Sorensens said...

Oh Kara, I feel for you. I would not know if I should cry or laugh. knowing me I would have grabbed my camera and then locked them somewhere where there are no clothes to throw. Have fun cleaning up.
Love Jen

Karly said...

Wow, I am so sorry! It's bad enough to go in your yard, but in your neighbors! Oh Kara! Let's hope they learned their lesson. Haha. I read the post out loud to Chris and Michael (he's staying with us). Have fun organizing with them tomorrow! :)

loren said...

I have an idea (from your post) that you weren't too happy with them, but it gave me a laugh this morning, thanks!

Lorie said...

Jen is right. Learn to prioritize girl. You should have gotten a photo for your blog! What a missed opportunity. I'm sure Chris & Karly are glad the boys didn't do this for them while you were in Hawaii.

Morgan said...

Oh, boy do I feel your pain! I have had days like that before but I only have two kids (I usually put their antics on my blog too)! They are NO FUN and I usually do cry in the moment out of frustration and then I laugh as I retell the story. My question is how in the world do you get them to actually do the work? My four-and-a-half year old won't work no matter what I do. It's drama, drama, drama and "I'm too tired" or "my back hurts." What?! You're four! Get to work! So good for you for making them learn the consequences! Good job!

korie said...

Kara! Where's the picture we all want to share your pain!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Raela's Craft Room said...

Kara,

This is what I have to look forward too? Luckily I only have one little guy... and the laundry room is downstairs, thank goodness. :-)

So much for childproof locks, huh.

Thanks for sharing!

Love ya,
Raela

♥Mommy Of 2♥ said...

Oh Kara, I don't know what I would have done. I'm just laughing thinking of the neighbors face when they say clothes flying out the window:o Well at least we know that one day our kids will be adults with their own children doing the same things and we can just sit back and smile. Oh those will be great times. LOL

Jordan said...

Kara, that is so funny! I'm sure at the moment you were sizzling, but oh what a great story to tell. I can just imagine 3 little boys standing on top of a washer and dryer, chucking clothes out a window!