Monday, March 31, 2008

Going to Hawaii

I am going to Hawaii! I have not been back since my honeymoon almost 9 years ago. I am only going for 5 days but heck,  I will take the break! Chris and Karly are house sitting and watching the boys. I am so excited that they want to help. They are making it possible for us to go. My mom watches the boys all the time when we leave and she really deserves a break too! 

I always have a hard time leaving my kids. I get a stomach ache every time I leave them. Even though I am leaving them in good hands I have a hard time being so far away from them. Ugh! Why do I feel this way? I have such a hard time leaving them (any time I leave them for this long) that I almost don't want to go!

I am flying by myself too! Jason had this trip scheduled a while back for some business and I was not going to go. Now that I am going it is too late to get onto his flight. I have NEVER flown alone and I am very nervous about it.  Yuck! What am I going to do alone for that many hours? Who's shoulder will I sleep on? Seriously? When I take my dramamine for motion sickness I wonder which stranger I will fall onto when it nocks me out! Well, my sister in law flies alone from Japan to CA so I guess if she can do it with kids I can do it alone! I am such a wuss.

Well, I have just a few days to get my house ready for company and to pack. I gotta get started!!

11 comments:

Jordan said...

Kara,
Yeah...I came across Carly's blog awhile ago, but couldn't seem to find yours! I'm happy to see you have one! I actually haven't scrolled down your page yet to check on pictures of your boys, I just got too excited to leave a post! BTW, I get physically ill when I leave my boys too! I cry and cry, sure that either they will die or I will die and never see them again! Pathetic, I know! I guess that's what us moms do. Everything always seems to work out fine though! I will email you with our email address...looking forward to hearing more from you!
Jordan Madsen

♥Mommy Of 2♥ said...

Hey Kara, noticed you changed the blog page. Cool. I still figuring out how to change a few things on mine too. Yeah, the petting zoo was a great treat for the party. Talk to Leticia, she'll let you know the details if interested. Hope all is well.

Karly said...

We're excited for you to go back to Hawaii after so long. And to have a break from the boys (even if it does stress you out a little bit.) But just think...you get to sleep in and drink strawberry smoothies on the beach while Chris and I run around with the boys for 5 days. :) If this isn't good training for us to be parents...then I don't know what is.

Tiffany said...

Sounds fun! I always get a stomach ache if I leave my kids too.

Sorensens said...

Hey Kara can I come with you guys, that sounds so fun and I have never been to Hawaii.

Happy Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Happy Family said...

(tripletsRus)oh, it is getting closer and I am getting more excited and more sad about leaving my kids. Just like you said Jordan, I always worry that if something terrible will happen to them, it will happen while I am gone! Or what if my plane crashes and....oh, I can not think of these things or I might change my mind. The first time I left them for a long trip I cried the first three days!-kara

KRISTIN BELL said...

Have so much fun! I LOVE Hawaii! Get a good tan and relax... Chris is awesome with Kids and I am sure Karly is too!

Leticia said...

Hi Kara,
Wow! I have never been to Hawaii either...Enjoy your trip!
Thank goodness for telephones...You can call your boys all day.:)

♥Mommy Of 2♥ said...

Hey Kara cant log into 30 something blog? Invite me k. Talk to you soon.Liana

Leslie Roark Photography said...

I hope that you have a great time!!! One day I will get to go to Hawaii!!!