Saturday, April 19, 2008

I finally got my Wii






I never liked video games and I have never played them but I really wanted the Wii. The idea of being physically involved with the game is what enticed me. I have wanted one for so long and you can not get them. Local stores only get about 1 every month or so and there are people lined up at the store when the shipment comes in to get it. No stores out here will allow you to pre-order. I checked online across the US and you can not even order one online at any store! They are sold out or back-ordered! I found some places selling them for 600 to 800 bucks. Ya right!



I figured that I should give up. Unless I wanted to spend three times the amount and get one on ebay I was not going to get one.



Then, my husband came to the rescue. He found a small game store that decided to start a waiting list for the Wii's. They only get 1 a month or so and when they get one they call the next person on the list and if that person does not pick up that day they go to the next in line.



I waited for MONTHS! Then, the store called and said they were expecting one in the next few days and to stay on alert. A couple of days go by and we hear nothing. We called the store and they said someone called us, we never came, and they gave it away! NOOOOOOOO!



After explaining that no one called us and told us to come they informed us that they got a hold of another Wii but they already called another person to come get it. We waited to see if that person was going to show up and they didn't. So, they gave it to us.



I felt like a little kid again and I was so giddy and happy to get my Wii. It is just for me. Jason has his Xbox so I bought girly games. Mario Party and Monkey Ball. The Wii comes with some sport games. I am sure I will talk Jason into a boxing or tennis match as soon as he sees how fun it is.

5 comments:

Karly said...

Oh I'm so jealous. That's so great! You'll have so much fun, I bet the boys will love watching you play too. I can't wait to come over and play with you! Chris and Jason can play and you and I can play.

♥Mommy Of 2♥ said...

So funnnnnn the Wii, I want one. Anyway, just telling you about these Twilight series. I got my sister to start reading it. She really likes it so far. I was not a reader and a friend of mine suggested this for fun reading, who would have known it would be the best book series. I is a love story, but thats what the draw is, the way they work through this forbidden romance. It is amazing to see their relationship. It has alot of other cool scenes too aside from the love story. It really is great and I think you would enjoy it. The movie comes out Dec 12 for the first book so read it so you can enjoy the movie.

Sorensens said...

We Loooovve the Wii, I get so mad at times because Ken can kick my butt in all the games err, that just makes me so mad! Err, I think I am going to go play.

Katie said...

Spill it. What store is it? We need a Wii BAD!

Happy Family said...

Ok, here it is....Game Crazy in Murrieta. It is connected to Hollywood video. They will let you get on the waiting list and they will call you when it is in and you gotta come get it that day!

If you get on the list you will wait, but you will eventually get one.